Yes another fit. This one is dedicated to the proposition that Thera is a really useful superhighway for getting around New Eden. EvE Scout maintains a map of all Thera wormholes, in both graphical and listing form: it will even sort them by distance from a specified system.This makes it easy to plan a two-stage route from anywhere to anywhere, and just wait for the right day to make it easy. Today I traveled 19 jumps instead of 35 by cutting through Thera; some days it's better than that.
Of course, there's danger in traveling this road. Gankers can be waiting in Thera or really anywhere along the route; they can read the maps too. An "instawarp" Travel Raptor is my preferred way of safely navigating null, and these trans-Thera trips are similar to null excursions. However, there are some constraints.
- I will want to have a Probe Scanner mounted so that I can scan down the Thera in-hole and out-hole.
- It would be nice to have some kind of cloak so that I can sit at an impromptu safe and scan without worrying about getting ganked.
- I might as well have an MWD so that I can cloak-MWD out of gatecamps if I somehow get locked.
- It would be nice to have enough EHP that getting alpha-ed is unlikely.
- Cheap is better than expensive.
Taking everything into account, I came up with this. 1.87s align. 5.8K shield EHP omni, 4K EM. 7.7M ISK of fittings, 31.7M ISK including hull. With my skills, this ship scans down Thera holes without any difficulty. If you need better scanning, use Sisters probes and/or replace one or both Nozzle Joints with a Gravity Capacitor. On the other hand, if you want to pay about 8M ISK for an extra 1.2K EHP, replace the rigs with Nozzle Joints II and Field Extender II.
[Raptor, Thera Traveller] Inertial Stabilizers II Inertial Stabilizers II Inertial Stabilizers II Medium Shield Extender II Small Shield Extender II Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I 5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive Core Probe Launcher II, Core Scanner Probe I Improved Cloaking Device II [Empty High slot] Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints I Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints I Core Scanner Probe I x8